Blog Post #37: Life Update & The BIG MOVE.



Hi guys it's that time of the week again where I sit down with my coffee and mull over what it is I want to talk to you about, so here we are. What is it this week? Well, it's not death related or a review....I want to talk about the big move we're going to be making. From Arizona, to Colorado, in just a few weeks.  What has been holding us up is one W2 that was due on the 31 of January and still hasn't gotten to us (we had three we were waiting for, the first two came right away, the last one? We are still waiting on.)

SO, if we can't move right on the first, that would be because the company of SONIC decided that it's above the laws of the government and has withheld our fucking W2 information from us for so long--that we actually had to go to the tax offices with the very last check and use that (but we cannot do that til the 15th of february.) I'd like to formally distribute a big FUCK YOU to the haters at Sonic, because either way we will get our money--but the wait? It was really inconvenient (and likely a personal issue between my husband and his old boss which is MUCHO illegal).

What have I been doing lately to prepare? Everything. I have contacted various places in CO to find a place, making moves to get everything packed, and looking into how HomeSchooling is handled in that particular state. For those of you who are unaware, now I've made you aware, our family homeschools our eight year old child. It's what we're comfortable with, and we feel she truly gets the best out of her educative experience this way. Anyways, some major changes/adjustments I had to make was this: The state of Colorado seems to require a min of 172 days of school at 4 hours a piece. Arizona was a bit more lax with this, but honestly, we were already doing this anyhow. Another thing they seem to do is test the children every few grades, which is really good, but out here we didn't have to do that--so Moosh is a little anxious about this. We have any questions or have to test her? We have to report to the nearest district educational office/school to schedule something/ask.

Another thing that is slightly different is there are more school subjects which seems to be slightly overwhelming, but we've been juggling it the same way high schoolers do. We do math some days and another subject others. It makes it very easy--smooth, and she has adjusted to the new schedule very well.

Currently, we are learning about the Solar System, the continents and oceans, we're reading the Canada Geese Quilt and doing our book report, there is our first big science project coming up soon (on actic foxes and the arctic), shes got equations/money in math, and beginner french. On the side of all of that, she is also learning guitar with her daddy. OH what a time to be alive and learning, right? She's having a lot of fun with some things, and not so much with others, but that is normal right? Course it is. I used to fucking hate math.

On her own time she's been reading a lot more, her comprehension has grown and she has a lot of time using punctuation I've noticed. I also got her a diary to write in, and she loves it, she write in it all the time. She's learning spelling and how to shrink her lettering that way-and we are so close that she chooses to share the content with me on a daily basis. She is such a thinker! I am so proud.



Lots of changes, and not just for her--I have a few coming my way as well, once we are settled of course, my husband will already have a job upon reaching the area. I, however, will not. So after getting some of my personal information back (that I haven't had in years thanks to the D.E.S office losing my birth certificate!), and then pound the pavement for a part time job.

When Raith is working, I'm at home with our daughter, and when I am? He will be. We don't do babysitters, and we don't have close enough family to ask for that type of help. So, that's the plan. I'm going to get a part time job. I'm going to have better health insurance, so I am hoping to FEEL a little better. I can be functional, so I will do what I have to, to make the money so our family can be stable until my internet stuff picks up. If it picks up I don't need a coffee shop to keep us afloat and I'll be able to provide more content that way. So either way, I guess it seems to work out in my favor, huh?


As for the internets...oh man do I have plans. Once I am settled and I can figure out a personal schedule I will plan on getting a food blog out there. It wont be weekly like this one, just sporadic as I make recipes. My gear, or goal towards that will be quick, easy, affordable vegan family meals. I cannot wait. More pictures, as soon as I update my camera equipment, because I am planning on exploring every nook and cranny of my new environment. That will be as soon as possible.

I want to find the nearest trails come this spring, and hike, take video footage--and post more family vlogs. I plan on reopening my etsy shop to make a few extra dollars for my equipment and activities outside the house. I plan on recording footage for more vlogs and fun videos. I am going to update my gaming console and start videos around the same point as everyone else (a little behind as my gaming backlog is vast). I plan on doing a bunch of spooky adventures and filming them as a segment on the channel. I plan on making/meeting new friends and having that as a segment on my channel at their consent. And much much more....Tell me, would you be interested in a mommy/daughter homeschool video segment on my channel? I'm curious if that would be worth it...I also have a few surprises up my sleeves...so keep an eye out!


We are going to document every step of the way; from Arizona to Colorado. This is the first real big move for my husband and daughter. I come from Rhode Island, so I've done this state bounce once before, and it was hard then. I expect it to be a lot of work, but to really pay off. So, if you're into it? Stay tuned and watch everything unfold!

Another personal plan for this year is better insurance, better doctors, and hopefully (at the mercy of the Coloradan practices) better healthcare. Once I get down to the bottom of this digestive thing, that I have found plagues half of the people in my family, the more I can manage my life. I want to live my best life while I'm here, and not have it affect mine and my families lives so much. I want to travel and see the world, but I have to get into a good place first. By next year, I am fully planning to fork over the cash for my boards (health providing) to take them, and move onto my next life adventure. I cannot wait.


Last year was the beginning of the the best years of my life, and I cannot express how thrilled I am to share that with all of you--my handpicked fam. Thank you for your support, and I'll see you again next week! <3 p="">
*~DaniiGrimm~*

If you want check out my latest video (where these gifs are from) here :


I won a really neat Fearless Records Digital Contest--check the swag I got from it! xx


Twitter | Instagram | Younow YouTube | Patreon | Blog | 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Interview with Metal Band BE//GOTTEN

Life has gotten in the way for everyone and I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm pretty sure no matter where you are in...