Blog #31: Biore Facial Cleanser and the Evils of Microbeadssssss



Hello again my beautiful followers and welcome back to the weekly blog; this week's included video is just a little something I threw together to show you that the product is easy and quick to use, but I hope you all get a kick of my scary face in the shower. Welcome! Let's get the ball rolling, shall we?

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday, ours was very relaxed. We sat at home, we had some good food, and we had cake. All-in-all we couldn't have asked for a better holiday.

As many of you already are aware, I have been on the market for a new facial wash since I found out the one I had been using for years is not only extremely bad for me health-wise, but for the environment as well. Well, I went back to Walmart with the plan of a low-income household/low-budget when my husband got paid again and I located (within the beauty section) a slew of facial cleansers and I didn't really know where to start. A friend of mine had suggested I try this, so I grabbed it and at $5.64 retail price--I mean it was a  risk I was willing to take. The price made me agree to the leap. Another thing I look for when I'm getting a facial wash is something that feels and smells refreshing, but doesn't chemically burn the fuck out of your skin--I wasn't sure that was the case here, but I can honestly say that--yes, this was very refreshing! And no, it was not harmful to my skin in any way, and I have VERY sensitive skin.

Okay, but does it do the job? YES.

I have been using this product for a week along with the masks I reviewed in an earlier blog, and this is what I have noticed. The product is easy to use, there are no microbeads, and it is definitely a "GREEN LIGHT" for anyone who might have sensitive/oily skin. I agree with everything the product boasts SO FAR. It smells delicious, like eucalyptus leaves, and feels fresh like you've just dipped your entire face in a lake of soothing mint.  It is QUICK. I literally use it every time I take a shower, which for me, is literally every other day. It helps keep my face clean, my pores are NOTICEABLY smaller since I started with the face cleanser and the masks--ITS INCREDIBLE.  Another thing I noticed about it, that unfortunately USUALLY happens to me most times I try to switch up my face wash, is that there was ABSOLUTELY NO awkward breakout phase where my skin and hormones had to get used to the product cleansing my face.  I have been pimple free, even through my period, which--let's face it ladies, when the heck does that happen?

I mean, you can take my word for it, or you can pick it up yourself  here and try it out! Lemme know what you think?

Here's a list of ingredients; they're not all the most natural of things, but at least it let's us know what we're using and yes--I see you alcohol (which can dry out your skin), but there has been absolutely NO drying or flaking of my skin. If anything it feels softer. THAT'S IT.

Now I think I've come to the point of my blog where I might explain my decision to change the products in my life that I know have microbeads in them. I mean, not everyone knew about microbeads  (myself included until someone educated me) so I figure I would help in spreading awareness there. Microbeads are tiny plastic beads that are put into the product of bunch of cosmetic items here in the US, and EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. This product is on the GOOD TO GO list here, and it feels refreshing and wonderful. I fully recommend the switch. If you like it, and it works for you, let me know! If not, let me know too! I would love to know how this works on different skin types because it so wonderfully went with mine.



Now, we know what microbeads are, why are they unhealthy? Well, they are extremely nonbiodegradable, they can carry and bind to toxins in the environment super easily, they wash away into our drinking water and into our water in general and they are consumed by tons of marine life. That marine life comes back to you, and eventually you eat. You just ate plastic. Congratulations. Plastic doesn't digest either people, this is not good for us or for the ecosystem we live in. Think about the oceans and how much toxic plastic trash is sitting out there. I'd rather not be the one adding to that. On top of all that, I would just like to add that microbeads actually tend to age you faster. So, all that work you're doing to try to keep your skin clean is basically null and void because hey--you just took some years off your healthy cells.


So why did I make the switch? Mostly because the thought of the state of our planet makes me frantic, and I don't want to add to it, as much as humanly possible...but also because this bitch ain't never leaving Wonderland--and you know what? I expect to stay this fabulous.

Happy Holidays, I love you, thank you for stopping in to read my blog again this week--I APPRECIATE YOU. Stay safe for the New Year, and I will see you in 2019.  XO




~DANII GRIMM~

 Twitter | Instagram | Younow YouTube | Patreon | Blog | 


I wanted to leave you with some interesting reading material so:

Microbeads | Ban-The-Bead | Danger-To-You | Bad-Microbeads | BBC | Medical-Microbeads | Dougie Poynter | Dougie-Poytner-HuffPost |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Interview with Metal Band BE//GOTTEN

Life has gotten in the way for everyone and I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm pretty sure no matter where you are in...