Blog #30: Our Christmas Miracle 2018

Hello everyone it's that time of the month again but instead of a review (which is what I had planned)--I wanted to take a moment and explain what my family and I had just experienced for the last couple of days. 

I want to preface this with the fact that Arizona medical is kicking me off their insurance (something called a transitional insurance while I look for one I can pay for) that barely pays for anything anyway even though they know full well that I am sick. We aren't sure yet what I'm sick with, but those of you who follow me know its something gastric, and something very real and very painful that I have to live with every single day of my life. Well, we've run plenty of tests on my body for my insurance to know that too. But they are kicking me off. Why? My husband makes too much. OH POOR ME? Right? YES right. My husband works a minimum wage job at a grocery store in the meat department and he works his fucking ass off. Why does he make too much on min wage? Because he has to work more like 60/70 hours a week for us to be able to afford food, medical needs, and everyday life supplies. But we make too much. 

We were getting food stamps too (not much just 200$ a month but it helped!), but that stopped for the same reason. Let me explain. The National average for families in need never changed when the min wage adjustment happened here (in this county in this state)....but when it was adjusted it was so because of how inflated the economy here is--so it's like a catch 22. The price to live here is very high, including for families in need in the shittiest part of the city. In the shittiest houses. 

That being said, my husband's had to take on a few more bills than we have had to have in oh say....ever. Medical is expensive and you know what? So is some of the food I NEED for my body to be healthy. It's absolutely insane. So while I've been quietly sitting on trying to catch up with my bills, that have been accumulating because of the inefficiency of my homes maintenance and upkeep, we have fallen a bit behind in rent but it was okay because our landlord was fine with it. 

Last week we caught up with all of our utilities and it was wonderful...it felt so good. 

We have every intention of catching up financially this coming month (january) only after about two weeks of pay. Which I mean, isn't that much to ask. We were going to pay for December and January and thank the man for being so patient. We were going to, that is, until he showed up at our fucking house at 8 in the fucking morning; knocking like the fucking angry police, and trying to let him fucking self in. UHM WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!

My husband put on some more clothes because we were in our bed clothes, and went outside to talk to him and received 5-day or quit eviction notice. Something that we later found out meant we had to have 1220$ in five days--or else. What was the or else? Well he would have evicted us in two weeks or less over this. I don't know what is up his asshole, when we had an agreement previously, and how he became so vastly uncool--but I was livid.  


I am not ready to lay down and die yet. Bail me out.

Sometimes we need help. I know that. It's something that is hard to ask for sometimes. but on this road I have met so many wonderful souls that I had to have faith in them. I set up a gofundme page and I pleaded for two days. TWO DAYS. That is all it took to come up with 1000$ to get the job done. I'm speechless. I'm shocked. And I am so relieved and grateful. I have not had much support in my life, and now I feel like I have a small army of people behind me. Pushing me up. Holding my hand. Guiding me along. Before all I had was my grandmother, and then I lost her strength. Years later I found my husband, and he gave me my daughter--but now they do not have to shoulder all the weight. THANK YOU. 



This is our Christmas Miracle 2018. We are #homefortheholidays and that is because of you. So while you're gathered around your trees opening gifts Christmas day--I'll be sitting here eating my food. Grateful for the warmth and the roof over my daughter's head. 

I'll be thinking about you. Will you be thinking about me?

Happy Holidays! I love you all words cannot express how I truly feel deep inside. xo

~DaniiGrimm~




 Twitter | Instagram | Younow YouTube | Patreon | Blog |  

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know things are tuff but you will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 thanks to all the people who hae shown us love this holiday, this is abosolutely true girl! thank you for reading <3

    ReplyDelete

Music Interview with Metal Band BE//GOTTEN

Life has gotten in the way for everyone and I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm pretty sure no matter where you are in...