Blog #20: A Peaky Binger


This week I was introduced to The Peaky Blinders on Netflix and I know I'm late to the game for this one ghouls but for three days straight I have been binge watching the episodes to catch up. Currently I am on season three but it is so fucking intense and good that I cannot stop watching it. Usually it takes a lot for me to get hooked and really there is a lot going on in this show-but it is worth it. 

The summary of the show on Netflix and on Rotten Tomatoes both say, "A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost."  It got incredible reviews on rotten tomatoes by both critics and audience and I can absolutely see why. I don't want to give any spoilers but this show has had me on the edge of my seat biting my nails the entire time; there have only been a couple of moments were I put things together and figured out a some things for myself before they happened and that is absolutely refreshing. WHAT GREAT WRITING!! I guess I should thank the writers and the BBC because this show is fucking wonderful. 

Right now Netflix has all four seasons available and the seasons are short but they are jam packed with a magnificent cast, great acting, wonderful writing, and action galore. Equal rights and Family bond are strong topics in the show, as the family literally comes from nothing and I am in love. Not only that but it is also full of cultural aspects of the Irish, the gypsies, and the men/women of England in 1919-1923 which is just wonderful for me over here across the pond. I already love period pieces but obviously I'm not a history major or anything so I don't know what is hugely accurate and what is not. That being said, I would love to hear from anyone what may/may not be accurate/inaccurate in the series but I still find it very immersive and wonderful. 


So apparently season five is set to air sometime in 2019 and they've begun production already!!! I cannot wait! I know that by it's release, I will be fully caught up with the series because that is how deeply invested I am in the characters and the plot of this show. It's crazy. I remember getting lost in books like this as a child but I haven't read a good book in so long that it's almost hard to pick them up these days. With these shows/movies I binge on Netflix I am allotted the flexibility I need (as someone with ADD) to pause the flick whenever necessary and just take in what I've learned or (as an introvert) just take a breath to myself to enjoy the silence around me and zen. With Peaky (and a few others that I have shamelessly binged) I am R I V E T E D  every step of the way and have barely taken a moment to myself or paused because I just N E E D to know where this show is going to carry my most beloved characters. THAT is why I had to take a moment to dedicate an entire blog to this. 


What are some shows/movies you have shamelessly binged? Why? I would love to hear why you can reach me in my dms on Twitter or Here if you would like to keep it Anon. 



So now as I sit here pondering what's going to happen after episode three in season three, I will leave you with a good recommendation for a great show. GO WATCH it if you are into this type of thing, I mean it's right up my alley but not everyone is into the same thing. This is the best I could do without spoiling any of it, but as a friend once told me "Don't sleep on Peaky Blinders..." it really is worth the watch. 

Completely off topic for the last part of my blog here, who is ready for the holiday? I've already begun to decorate for Halloween and my family is still searching for bits and pieces of our costumes but we are in full swing of spooky season here! What have you done for spooky season? Gone to any haunted hayrides/mazes/houses? We don't usually tend to go to those because of my anxiety but I remember having some fun in them as a kid. Still, I can't wait to carve my first pumpkin. I think that's going to happen in the next few days, when I do? I'll post pics. For now I'll leave you with a pic of last year's carved by my husband. I carved four other ones, but there are no pictures unfortunately as we were in between equipment. I couldn't let these babies go to waste though, so brought to you by the camera on my husband's shit phone. Here is our Vale #blackveilbrides Pumpkin from last year. Cannot wait to try again this year. 

What plans do you have?

Alright fam that's all I've got this week because I've been exuberantly lazy but with my new computer, SEVERUS,  I think that I'm about to get a lot done for yall in the form of content. So keep an eye out, because if you blink, you'll miss it! And I should start streaming again on YOUNOW to get into the swing of things but once I get a Playstation Pro and a couple more things (equipment level up!) then I will maybe start thinking about streaming over on Twitch with my dudes and sis's that I promote weekly. Who else will I see on Twitch? Because I know they'll get my back and sit in my weird streams (yes I know I play with skyrim corpses but don't judge me), we're all just here to have fun.  





Love YOU! Stay tight! Stay Real! Be YOU!



Welcome to the ghoul fam xo *~Danii_Grimm~*





 Twitter | Instagram | Younow YouTube | Patreon | Blog |  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Interview with Metal Band BE//GOTTEN

Life has gotten in the way for everyone and I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm pretty sure no matter where you are in...