Blog #42: IAMX & ANDY BLACK APRIL

Andy Black - Ghost of Ohio

So April is almost upon us and man do I have a month ahead of me! We reserved three tickets months ago at the Gothic Theater here in Denver and we cannot express how excited we are to see Andy Black on tour doing his solo thing and doing it well. As more and more dates of more and more kickass artists compile on this spring/summer schedule I realize that my proclamation last year that this was going to be an EXCELLENT year for music is only looking like its coming into fruition with each passing month! I'll get more into depth with that in a moment, first I want to give a small life update. 

Currently our lil family is settling graciously into our little hole of a home and we are making the best of what we have. I'm doing well at work so they don't have a problem giving me hours, and that makes me happy because my husband's job is dicking him around on hours, hard. They acted like they needed help very badly, but ever since he transferred over, he's only worked on day. That is worrisome but I'm doing my best to pick up what slack I can. I need to produce 300$ for my shit traffic ticket that I got on the way here before the time runs up (and I believe the date is sometime at the beginning of April for that) and I am only biweekly in pay and part time. So, I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to pay that off. I've got rent vastly approaching as well, but my Andy Black tickets are already secured. 


April 17th is when I'm headed over to the Gothic with Raith and Moosh to catch Andy's solo tour. 


I have been waiting for this for a long time and I am absolutely thrilled the more I hear the new music. Apparently for every pair of tickets you buy through the venue, you get a free copy of the cd. I'm souped to be getting that. It'll ship on release day, but of course I'm going to hear that shit before it reaches my fingertips because I'm obsessed like that. Andy's music is awesome and makes me smile and I love how he story-builds. 

Anyway, some of the more wonderful things that have been happening in my life? I have insurance now! I cannot express how much of a relief that is. Not only that? But for the first time in many, many years if not ever--I feel like I am meeting people that are like-minded who are willing to accept me for who I am. It makes me feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I cannot express how much I appreciate every one of you that have touched my life. I am physically meeting the most beautiful people and it is SO strange (surreal?) to be able to just relax around someone. Wow. I love you. 



Speaking of GOOD music, GOOD vibes, and GREAT people--I am going to see IAMX on April 29th. Just after seeing Andy at the Gothic I intend on heading over with my girls to the Bluebird theater to see Chris Corner ie IAMX play live for the first time. Gosh I have loved his music for years thanks to a friend of mine who introduced him to me. From Sneaker Pimps to IAMX I am completely addicted to the vibes he throws. I can't wait to see him doing his thing live. 





Both Chris and Andy are great at telling stories; stories of overcoming defeat and feeling hopeless. Stories of discovery and acceptance of self.  They have powerful lyrics and both are extremely opposite ends of the musical spectrum but for years they have BOTH (among many others) have made me extremely happy. For that I am extremely grateful on many levels. I can't wait for April. I want to buy at least a little bit of merch while I'm there but we'll see what I can afford. The experience is something I can keep with me forever regardless. I am so SO excited to see them. Palaye Royale are due to arrive here in May in Colorado Springs but I have yet to work out logistics or details to see if I can attend that venue just yet and it's sometime a way. So only time will tell. Is anyone else planning on attending any really rad fucking shows this coming month??? Let me know in the comments!'

On top of that stuff I mean I've been posting more vlog and gaming videos and only plan on doing more of that as I go. More money comes in means more equipment upgrades and then I can think about finally streaming on Twitch! Another exciting new thing I managed to put out is my new FOOD BLOG. I plan on getting a new camera soon, so that means better pictures but the recipes are GRADE A and 100% recipes me and my family use on a monthly (if not more) basis (we like variety). I don't know what the schedule for the food blog will be just yet, I'm going to see at the end of the week how good of a response she gets and go from there. I do know that I have been writing 5 recipes every monday for a couple of weeks now, and by the end of the year the recipes will be in a book that I plan on looking into publishing after I have it for real edited. Some of those recipes will be selected for my blog, so, check em out! Like photography? Check out my new Shutterstock Portfolio





I appreciate all the support I get, and I love you all, catch ya on the social medias. ;)
PS I posted this video ^^ because I got a request for it after I posted a gif lol! Enjoy! 





*HUGS*

XO XO YOU MATTER XO XO


See you next week fam!

*~DaniiGrimm~*

Twitter | Instagram | Younow YouTube | Patreon | Blog | 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Interview with Metal Band BE//GOTTEN

Life has gotten in the way for everyone and I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm pretty sure no matter where you are in...